Board Diversity Policy
The Company adheres to a process of selection to ensure an appropriate mix of competent directors and officers. The Company values, promotes, and observes a policy on diversity in the composition of its Board of Directors. Provided that all other qualifications are met, the Company commits to have a diverse collection of directors in terms of gender, age, education, industry experience, skills, expertise, among other qualifications.
To help achieve the Board’s diversity objectives, the Corporate Governance Committee shall regularly update the Board Distinction List (BDL), which summarizes the attributes, qualifications and experience possessed by the current Board. The BDL will serve as a guide when looking for new directors to complement its existing composition. The BDL also reflects the areas relevant to the Company’s strategic objectives, as well as other areas of general relevance to the composition of the Board.
Strategic Objectives / Priority Areas
Belle Corporation’s focus is to provide the finer things in life through upscale luxury second homes, recreation, leisure and entertainment facilities.
The Company aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Deliver value to our shareholders.
- Regular dividend declaration
- Adoption of good governance practices
- Continuous net income increase
2. Serve as a good corporate citizen for the benefit of our stakeholders.
- Implementation of corporate social responsibility programs in the communities where the Company operates through Belle Kaagapay
- Continuous partnership with the SM Foundation on CSR projects
3. Deliver the finer things in life to our customers.
Board Distinction List (BDL)
- Gender - mix of men and women
- Age group - 40s to 80s
- Education - graduate and post-graduate degrees
Industry Experience, Skills and Expertise:
- Audit / Internal Control
- Banking / Investment / Treasury
- Corporate Governance
- Real Estate
- Sales and Marketing
Belle Board Skill Set Matrix and Measurable Objectives
The Board in ensuring diversity has identified the required skills and mix of qualifications of directors. Each nominee’s qualification is reviewed by the Corporate Governance Committee in accordance with its Charter.
Below are the diversity objectives of the Board to ensure optimal mix.
1. At least two (2) female Directors
2. At least fifty percent (50%) of the members of the Board are with background or experience in Real Estate
3. At least fifty percent (50%) of the members of the Board are with background or experience in Management and/or Business Administration
4. At least fifty percent (50%) of the members of the Board are with background or experience in Finance
Belle Corporation has two (2) female directors on the Board. More than fifty percent of the Board are with background or experience in real estate, management and/or business administration, and with sufficient background or experience in Finance.
The Belle Board Skill Set Matrix summarizes the required skills and attributes in compliance with the diversity objectives.